There is a way to really get to your enemy, a way shame them and literally shut them up. In this world, people just want to get revenge, vengeance on the ones you consider ‘the other side.’ They attack you. They talk behind your back. They are out to get you. So, how do you get back? Is there a way, a right way, to put them to shame?
Did you know the Bible tells us a way – a specific way – to put our opponents to shame?
Paul instructed Titus to “show yourself in all respects to be a model of good works, and in your teaching show integrity, dignity, and sound speech that cannot be condemned, so that an opponent may be put to shame, having nothing evil to say about us” (Titus 2:7-8)
- In all respects – in every way we live, every way we react, every word, every action, every tweet
- model – demonstrate, walk the talk
- good works – helping others, kindness, forgiveness, being a blessing
- in our teaching – things we stand for, things we believe, things we talk about
- show integrity – without flaw, smart, thought out
- show dignity – respect for others, not abusive, just
- show sound speech – words that bless, build others up, well thought out, on the solid foundation of the truth (Has Word), letting no unwholesome word out of our mouth
- giving no room for evil comeback
Ouch. No wonder we ate at each other’s throats. We are ore concerned about damaging the opponent than we are about living and talking in a right way.
OUCH – all caps!
So, want to shame your opponent? Live a life that they can say nothing bad about.
That’s all – short and to the point.
One last time – ouch. I feel the pain in my own life.