Mountain tops. Waterfalls. Icy Trails. Colorful trees in the fall. Arches. Cliffs. Canyons. Crevices. Geysers. They all say adventure. They all speak volumes and tug at our outdoor heart. I have mine, and I am sure you have yours.
But each weekend – millions gather around the world to partake of one of the greatest adventures of eternity – spending time with our church family and our Heavenly Father. We sing songs of praise. We list corporate prayer needs. We listen to the pesky announcements (I call ministry opportunities). And of course – God’s Word is shared, expounded, and challenges us.
There are hundreds of types of places to worship. Gothic cathedrals, Hotel ball rooms. old Kroger’s spots, classic wood frame churches, and small brick and steeples to name a few.
But this week – one picture stood out above them all. One picture that said – This is why we are here …
It says to me
- Parents, bringing your kids to worship is important
- Don’t just bring them, involve them
- There is power in prayer – you are talking to the almighty Creator of the Universe
- Songs and praise are important – but this is too
- I wish this was what all our worships were about
- This was taken when we were praying for Ukraine and Russia – WOW!
- This was taken last Sunday at my church in little ole central VA!
If you had to picture your worship, what would it be?
Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven.” Matthew 19:14 esv