Pride – it is a struggle as old as man. How about you? Humility – have you attained it? If you answer yes, then return to “Go”, do not collect your $200 dollars – start over. Last week, I gave my church family a “Are you Proud” test. Let’s share a few of those questions …
- Do you crave attention? Get critical or jealous if others get the attention you think you deserve?
- Do you always have to win?
- Do you avoid trying things because you’re afraid of failure? Worried about what other people might think? Or do you even hide your failures?
- Do you have a hard time admitting you are wrong?
- Are you more likely desiring to be like some celebrity, sports figure, etc. or to be like Jesus?
Years ago, Corrie ten Boom was at the top of her career, at the peak of interest in her book and in the movie based on her book. In an interview, she was asked if it was hard to be humble. Her answer was astounding.
She said, “When Jesus entered Jerusalem triumphantly – praises, palm branches, crowds, everything going on – do you think for one moment that the donkey thought that any of that was for him?”
Wow – sometimes I am a donkey that thinks it is about me – and it isn’t about me. And sometimes you are the donkey – so stop thinking it’s about you. They ain’t waving those palm branches at you.
Keep your eyes on Him!
Leave a Reply