Top Ten … well, at least a list of ten.
He has been considered one of the most preached preachers of the 20th century (more pastors ‘borrowed’ his sermons for their sermons.). He did a cassette tape ministry mailed out every week to thousands all over the country … a kind of podcast done long before the internet or web broadcast were even around. He has hundreds of Adrianisms – short, wise sayings that probably have impacted people all over the world … maybe even quoted more than Confucius (at least in Baptist circles). Today, I am sharing from a quote website that listed some of his top quotes. You may have your own favorite, or you may have never heard of him … either way, I hope you enjoy these and maybe even pick up some of his works to glean from for your journey.
– Men throw broken things away, but God never uses anything until he first breaks it.
– Two words that will change your life…. Yes Lord!
– Have you ever wondered what a church full of Pharisees would be like? 1. They would all attend every service 2. They would all tithe 3. They would all work in the church 4. They would all go to hell
– Discipline says, ‘I need to.’ Duty says, ‘I ought to.’ Devotion says, ‘I want to.’
– “Pray and doubt; you’ll do without. Pray and believe; you will receive.”
– “I may be a nut, but I’m fastened to a good bolt, the Lord Jesus Christ.”
– “God does not change us in order to love us. He loves us in order to change us.”
– “If you have a Bible that’s falling apart, you’ll have a life that’s not.”
– “If Satan can’t make you bad, he’ll make you busy.”
– “God prefers fruits of the spirit over religious nuts.” ~ Adrian Rogers
These are only ten of his many. But on the 10th of the month, I wanted to share ten with you.
Leave a Reply